Pular para o conteúdo principal

HEY


Hey - I went to the Marc Jacobs show last night. He started on time again - or nearly so - for the second season in a row. I actually miss the days when he used to make people wait for an hour or so. The bleacher seating at the Armory already makes it feel like a gym - the waiting around and running into old friends made it feel like some sort of crazy high-school reunion. This season was one of my favorite MJ collections ever - I absolutely loved it. I loved the little straw boater hats, the plaid shirts that were shot through with metallic thread, the massive espadrille-meets-stiletto hybrid shoes that most of the models were wearing. I really loved the way that the stylist had piled everything on top of the other - brilliant styling. I’m calling it “Southern Depression-era picnic girl gets kidnapped by a gang of gypsies”. Stefan Beckman’s “Hall of Mirrors” runway/set design and Frederic Sanchez’s choice of an all-instrumental Gershwin soundtrack contributed greatly to the dreamy, cinematic, late 20’s/early 30’s-era feeling. If this sort of masterful collection was somehow inspired by our own current economic downturn then I’m hoping recovery is a long time coming. - xo eddie

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

OBCESSA~O

QUADRADO FLORIDO

HO^JE ACORDEI TO^DA AFEIÇA~O VIDA E DEVOÇA~O QUANDO CRIANÇA ADORAVA JARDINAR COMIA O QUE PLANTAVA NA ZONA DA MATA TO^DA CHEIA DAGUA NESTE MOMENTO TUDO COM QUALIDADE E FRESCOR DAIH ESTA FRESCURA MINHA MINHA AMBIÇA~O SEMPRE FOI ME TORNAR MARINHEIRO COISA QUE LOGO PERCEBIH NA~O LEVAVA O MENOR JEITO EU RIO ATO^A E DE TUDO TODOS CAXAMBUH SABE ASSIM TUDO CAVALOS MOONIE ESRA BRUNO CIRINO CHRISTIAN CONSTANT COZINHA PROFESSOR HOTEL TUTOR TECNICA RIVIERA ALEGRIA DE VIVER PAIXA~O EXCELE^NCIA SAVOIR FAIRE ARTE DE VIVER MEMOHRIAS CONHECIMENTOS TREINAMENTOS EXPERIE^NCIA NATURAL NOSTALGIA REFLEXOS ORIGINAIS FELICIDADE DA INFA^NCIA CLAHSSICOS MODERNOS INTERPRETADOS COM FANFARRA TRADIÇA~O FINESSE INFORMALIDADE EXPLOSO~ES DE SABORES SENSAÇO~ES PRAZERES PERFEIÇA~O FRAGMENTOS MOMENTOS IS ALL ABOUT NATURE ACORDES DE SINFONIA SURPRESAS INVENTADAS POR PURO PRAZER SEU COMPOSER PERFORMER HANDLE WITH CARE BEM ESTAR QUERER CAMAROES FOIE GRAS RIS DE VEAU ALCACHOFRAS PIMENTAS TRUFAS FAVAS OSTRAS DE MARENNES CAV...